Tom of Lude Steading Cottages - Self Catering Accommodation in the Highlands of Scotland
In a magnificent setting on the owners' private estate, these four holiday cottages are superbly finished conversions of a working steading. They are warm and welcoming and have unsurpassed views high over the Vale of Atholl towards Blair Castle in the Cairngorms National Park. They are ideal for a relaxing family break, or for weddings - when all the cottages can be booked together, or for a romantic rural retreat.
Each house has its own sitting-out area, and for those those wishing to let off steam, there is a grassed childrens' play area at the back of the properties. Situated in the Cairngorms National Park and at the geographical centre of Scotland the area offers an enormous variety of tourist attractions, walking and cycling routes, fishing, horse riding and much much more - for further information click on the OUR AREA tab above and explore the huge amount of info about this area.
There is also easy access by road or rail to Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Fort William or St Andrews. Blair Atholl is located just off the main A9 road in Highland Perthshire, approximately 35 miles (56km) north of Perth. The village is approximately 90 minutes drive from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness and Aberdeen. There is a train station in the village with a regular connecting service to all major Scottish cities. There is also a daily express service to and from London's Kings Cross which stops at Pitlochry station, and the Caledonian sleeper to and from London Euston stops at Blair Atholl station in the village.
You can also click on the map to find out more about our location.
Our Perthshire Holiday Cottages
In each cottage you will find:
- Homemade cake, fresh bread, butter, milk and eggs from the farm to greet you on arrival
- Dishwasher / microwave / cooker / hob / washer-dryer
- Free Wifi throughout
- Large flatscreen TV with built in freeview / DVD player
- Stereo with CD player
- Fresh bed linen and fluffy towels provided
- Travel cot and high chair available on request
- Drying facilities for outdoor clothes and muddy boots
- Lovely private front garden with patio and garden furnitre, perfect for BBQs
- Lockable outside shed / bike store
- Private parking
- Large flat grassed area (shared between all cottages but it is very large), ideal for a game of football or tig with the kids!
- Well behaved dogs welcome (except in the Kennels cottage!)
We are trying to be as Eco Friendly as we can be......All of our electricity is generated on site by our very own Hydro Power System and our heating systems are Ground Source heating (except the Kennels which is Air Source heating).